Learn More about the Corps of Cadets
Visit the Blacksburg Campus
The Corps of Cadets offers in-person tours, overnight programs, and online information sessions.
In-Person Walking Tours
Available dates for these tours are listed below. Register here
August 23 - December 15: Most Mondays and Fridays at 10:00 a.m.
These sessions provide an outdoor-only tour departing from the front porch of the historic Lane Hall. Learn more about the Corps and our three ROTC programs — Army, Naval (including the Marine Option), and Air Force (including the Space Force). We also have options for students interested in the U.S. Coast Guard or our Citizen-Leader Track.
Spend the Night/Spend the Day Programs
- The Spend the Day and Night sessions overlap, and will include a presentation about the Corps of Cadets followed by breakout sessions with our different tracks:
- Army ROTC
- Air Force ROTC (including the Space Force)
- Naval ROTC (including Marine Option)
- Citizen-Leader Track (public or private sector)
- After the presentations, families and those that registered for the Spend the Day program only can depart. If you registered for the Spend the Night program, you will be connected with your cadet host. You will shadow your host and attend morning formation.
Spend the Night families are welcome to attend formation in the morning and can reconnect with their student after formation.
You may want to sign up for follow on sessions with your major/college of choice, or the Virginia Tech Admissions Office for after the program ends on Day 2.
- Monday, September 25
- Monday, October 9
- Thursday, October 19 (Band-interested students only)
- Thursday, November 2
- Thursday, November 9
- Spring (Registration available soon)
- Monday, February 19
- Monday, March 25
- Thursday, March 28
- Monday, April 1
- Thursday, April 4
Online Information Sessions
For high school juniors and seniors: 3:00 p.m. Most Wednesdays. Register online.
These sessions provide more information about the Corps of Cadets program and Virginia Tech's ROTC programs. It will include an introduction to the Corps, information about scholarship opportunities, and a time for you and/or your family to ask questions. Family members are welcome to attend for you.
If you can't attend a live session, watch a recorded session, see a typical week in the life of a first-year cadet,or learn about the other tracks.
Admissions Open House and Hokie Focus
Virginia Tech Admissions will host open houses September 23 and 24, and November 11 and 12. Spring open house will be March 16 and 17. Offered students will be invited to attend Hokie Focus on April 6 and 7. Additional walking tours will be provided during high school spring break weeks, March 25 - 29 and April 1 - 5. The Corps and the ROTCs will offer abbreviated information sessions at each of these events. Register online.
Virginia Tech ROTC Contacts
- Army ROTC: 540-231-4804, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Force ROTC: 540-231-6404, email@example.com
- Naval ROTC: 540-231-7883, firstname.lastname@example.org
More Virginia Tech Information
Looking for more information about your desired major or the university in general? You may want to participate in the information sessions offered by Virginia Tech Admissions or your college's information session for your desired major. You must sign up separately for these activities.