Learn More about the Corps of Cadets
Visit the Blacksburg Campus
The Corps of Cadets offers in-person tours, overnight programs, and online information sessions.
In-Person Walking Tours
These sessions provide an outdoor-only tour departing from the front porch of the historic Lane Hall. Learn more about the Corps and our three ROTC programs — Army, Naval (including the Marine Option), and Air Force (including the Space Force). We also have options for students interested in the U.S. Coast Guard or our Citizen-Leader Track.
Up-to-date information about Virginia Tech's public health guidelines is available at vt.edu/ready.
Spend the Night/Spend the Day Programs
- Sept. 19: Spend the Day #1
- Oct. 10: Spend the Night #1
- Oct. 20: Spend the Night #2
- Oct. 24: Spend the Night #3
- Nov. 5: Spend the Night + Football Game. This session will follow a difference schedule due to attending a football game with the Corps. Registration will open later this fall.
- Nov. 10: Spend the Night #4
The Spend the Night program will include a presentation about the Corps of Cadets followed by breakout sessions with our different tracks:
- Army ROTC
- Air Force ROTC (including the Space Force)
- Naval ROTC (including the Marine Option)
- Citizen-Leader Track (public or private sectors)
After the presentations, families can depart, and you will be connected with your cadet host. You will shadow your host and attend morning formation.
Families are welcome to attend formation in the morning and can reconnect with their cadet after formation.
After the program ends, you may want to sign up for follow on sessions with your major/college of choice, or the Virginia Tech Admissions Office.
Online Information Sessions
For high school juniors and seniors: 3:30 p.m. Most Wednesdays September 14 through December 14. Register online.
These sessions provide more information about the Corps of Cadets program and Virginia Tech's ROTC programs. It will include an introduction to the Corps, information about scholarship opportunities, and a time for you to ask questions.
If you can't attend a live session, watch a recorded session. Or learn about the other tracks.
- Corps of Cadets introduction
- Army ROTC brief
- Naval ROTC brief (includes the Marine option)
- Air Force ROTC brief
- Citizen-Leader Track brief
- See a typical week for a cadet
Admissions Open House and Hokie Focus
Virginia Tech Admissions will host open houses on October 1 and 2, November 12 and 13, and March 18 and 19. Offered students will be invited to attend Hokie Focus on April 1 and 2. The Corps and the ROTCs will offer abbreviated information sessions at each of these events.
Virginia Tech ROTC Contacts
- Army ROTC: 540-231-4804, email@example.com
- Air Force ROTC: 540-231-6404, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Naval ROTC: 540-231-7883, email@example.com
More Virginia Tech Information
Looking for more information about your desired major or the university in general? You may want to participate in the information sessions offered by Virginia Tech Admissions or your college's information session for your desired major. You must sign up separately for these activities.