(CORPS LAB: Only freshmen and sophomores need to complete this form for Corps Lab. Juniors and seniors who choose not to enroll in Corps Lab do not need to process this request form.)
The purpose of this form is to verify and document a cadet’s need to be excused from the mandatory attendance of Corps Lab and/or ProLab each semester (Cadet Regulations). There is no online option. If an excusal request is approved, the cadet is required to work with the chain of command to acquire any information and/or training that is missed by his/her absence from Corps Lab and/or ProLab. A cadet with an approved excusal from either Corps Lab or ProLab does not need to complete any graded assignments. This process does not excuse the cadet from participation in any and all related activities that are held at times outside of the Corps Lab and/or ProLab times. If a cadet needs to be excused from both a Corps Lab and a ProLab, he/she need only complete one form. If a cadet is excused from Corps Lab and/or Pro Lab it is possible that it will impact his/her eligibility to earn the Minor in Leadership Studies. For any questions about this form or the minor, contact Dr. Humphrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corps Lab and/or Pro Lab Excusal Request
- Download, print, and complete the Corps Lab and/or ProLab Excusal Request Form Spring 2018.
- Take the completed form to your academic advisor to resolve the schedule conflict. If your conflict is resolved, you must confirm with your advisor that you are enrolled in the proper Corps Lab and/or ProLab. There is no need for any further processing of this form with the VTCC.
- If you still have a conflict with
- Corps Lab: Arrange to meet with your deputy commandant to discuss your schedule. You must register for the appropriate Corps Lab (listed in the ROs or see your company S-5) unless you have your excusal request approved and this form signed by your deputy commandant granting approval.
- ProLab: Arrange to meet with LTC Russell to discuss your schedule. You must register for the appropriate ProLab (listed in the ROs or see your company S-5) unless you have your excusal request approved and this form signed by LTC Russell granting approval.
- You must bring a hardcopy of your approved excusal form to Ms. Miller in 251 Lane Hall.
- This excusal process must be completed no later than noon Friday, Jan. 19, 2018. Failure to do so will result in the cadet being reported to his/her deputy commandant.